For this first episode of “Code-2020″, we have interviewed Guillaume Laforge, lead of the Groovy language and, for the Play framework, Guillaume Bort (CEO of Zenexity and founder of the Play framework) and Sadek Drobi (CTO of Zenexity).
The interview took place on the 19th of April 2012 in Paris, at the (great and first) DEVOXX France conference. This first interview kinda acts as a test: if you can understand most of it, you should be good for the next episode. All four persons on the episode will show you different types of French accent, so enjoy!
During the interview, we’ll talk about different companies and projects, here is a list of some of those:
- TypeSafe is a now a Gartner “Cool Vendor” – congrats!
- The “Bosh” CloudFoundry initiative
- The Gaelyk project, used to run great Groovy code at GAE
- Vert.x by Tim Fox
- Cloud IDE by eXo Platform and Cloud9 IDE
- WaveMaker, recently acquired by VMWare
- Slide Rocket acquired by VMWare
- The GR8 Groovy conference
You’ll obviously learn all of the great things about Play 2.0, Groovy 2.0 and why you should use them!
You can discuss about this episode in our Google Groups.
Note: no electron was hurt during that interview.